2012 Running Recap & 2013 Running Goals
2012 was the year of the post-baby running comeback and I managed to run 763 miles in 6 months. I ran 17 races including 5 half marathons & 1 25k. In September 2012, I ran a personal worst at the Run the Reservoir Half Marathon (2:35:15) but just 2 months later, I ran a sub 2:10 at the Trenton Half (2:08:08). Lucas and I ran 3 stroller races together and averaged a sub 10 minute 5k at the Spooky Sprint in October.
Even though running started off rough in 2012, it was a really good running year. I didn’t run any PRs at any distance but my running made me feel like myself again after having a baby. Nothing beats that!
I am dividing 2013 into two parts for myself. The husband and I are going to try for baby #2 later this year so I only have about 5 months of goal achieving races.
- Run a sub 2:00 at Disney on January 12
- Go for a half marathon PR at the NYC Half Marathon on March 17 (still so freaking excited I got in)
- If I miss a PR there, then I have signed up for the Unite Half Marathon and St. Luke’s Half Marathon in April.
- Go for a marathon PR at the NJ Marathon in May.
This year I am sticking with just a couple of big races. I realized that I really hate running outside in the cold winter months. My hands become freezing and I can’t shake the chill for the rest of the day. So this year, I’m just not doing it. I have signed up for the Superbowl Sunday 4 Mile in Morristown, NJ so that will be my only cold weather race.
Post May 2013 Goals:
- Cut weekly mileage to 20-25 weeks to try for baby #2
- Maintain fitness during possible pregnancy
- Return to swimming
What are your 2013 goals? What big race are you looking forward to this year?January 5, 2013
This entry was posted in Marathon, Races, Running, Uncategorized and tagged 2012, 2013, goals, marathon, races, run, running.