Today’s Treadmill Workout
Another chilly morning means another day at the gym for L and I.
I used to be the queen of the treadmill before I had Lucas so it’s never the dreadmill to me. It can get a bit boring so I like to create little treadmill workouts for myself.
- 0-0.05 Miles – 4.0 speed for walking warm-up
- 0.05-0.5 Miles – 6.0 speed
- 0.5-1.5 Miles – 6.5 (1st mile repeat)
- 1.5-1.75 Miles – 6.0 for rest interval
- 1.75-2.25 Miles – 6.6 (2nd mile repeat)
- 2.25-2.75 Miles – 6.7 (2nd mile repeat)
- 2.75-3.0 Miles – 6.0 for rest interval
- 3.0-3.5 Miles – 6.8 (3rd mile repeat)
- 3.5-4.0 Miles – 6.9 (3rd mile repeat)
- 4.0-4.25 Miles – 6.0 for rest interval
- 4.24-4.5 Miles – 6.8 (4th mile repeat)
- 4.5-4.75 Miles – 6.9
- 4.75-5.0 Miles – 7.0
- 5.0-5.25 Miles – 7.0
- 5.25-5.35 Miles – 6.0 for rest interval
5.35 miles in 50 minutes and then I hit the 5 minute cool down button on the treadmill.
The one bummer of my treadmill running now is that I can’t wear headphones. Mr. L is in the gym childcare and if he has a problem the gym calls you over the loudspeakers. Headphones on = not hearing your name called. If you don’t hear your named called quickly after it’s called, you get a warning. Too many warnings and your child is out of gym childcare. I don’t want that to happen to us so I run sans headphones. My not getting bored with no music trick is putting the TV on closed captioning. I “read” the TV while running.
What’s your favorite treadmill workout? Have you ever done the treadmill sans headphones?November 21, 2012
This entry was posted in Gym, Running, Tips, Uncategorized and tagged gym, intervals, mile repeat, run, running, treadmill workout.