North Jersey Half Marathon Race Review
I had originally written a long-winded post about how bad this race was but I decided to delete it. This race doesn’t warrant a big recap just bullet points.
On Saturday, October 20, 2012, I ran the North Jersey Half Marathon in Pequannock, NJ. The race started at 8:30 (ended up starting around 8:45 because of bathroom situation) and I paid $65 back in July.
- Close by to my house, just a 30 minute drive
- Flat course
- Good course signage, you would never get lost
- Chip timing and not gun to chip
- Female and Male specific long-sleeve tech shirts
- Flat course = B.O.R.I.N.G
- Just 4 port-o-potties provided for a field of up to 1,500
- Slow packet pickup – it took me over 15 minutes to get my # and shirt
- The majority of the course was on busy roads which weren’t closed off. At one point cars were honking at runners to move over. I spent a lot of the run on the sidewalks for fear of being run over.
- Only water provided at aid stations (Gatorade or gels aren’t a must but it would have been nice)
- Warm, humid day makes for bad running (out of control of the race)
- Expensive – $65 for early registration but $80 on race day
- Boring course…a tour of NJ surburbia
This was the only scenery on the entire course, ughhh
Would I do this race again? Nope. I thought it was a bit disorganized, expensive and the course was boring.
My finish time – 2:16:18 with a minute mile pace of 10:24. After the race was over I ran another 7 miles to make 20 for the day. I am so excited for taper time and ready for marathon training to be over.
Have you ever run a race you wouldn’t do again? I tried out 3 new NJ half marathons this Fall (Run the Reservoir, Shades of Death and North Jersey) and would only ever do Shades of Death again…loved that one!October 22, 2012
This entry was posted in Medals, Post Partum, Race Recaps, Races, Running, Sweat Pink and tagged half marathon, north jersey half marathon, postpartum, race recap, race review, run, running, sweatpink.